Confessions?? Or just plain CRAP??

Friday, February 11, 2005

It's the second day of the Chinese New Year.

First day started off pretty slow and late. The brood trooped off for lunch at my uncle's and the inevitable happened while I received my ang pow.

"So...you will be giving these little red things the next year round yeah?"

Eyes rolling, still in shock, I just gave a sarcastic "Eh, thanks ar" to my cousin and promptly immersed my lips into my chinese tea.

It was a pretty heavy lunch coupled with lots of talking and bantering back and forth between my dad, my uncle and his brother-in-law, a distant relation from China who has settled down in Singapore while I caught half of "Shall We Dance?" on VCD, courtesy of my cousin's purchase from across the causeway.

2 more visits to relations followed and a bizarre thought dawned upon me that we only get to meet most of them just this once a year, during Chinese New Year. Have we all gotten so distant?

Here's hoping the spirit of Chinese New Year doesn't die away.

And that you are still indigestion-free from all the eating and snacking.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home