Confessions?? Or just plain CRAP??

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

It was getting really unbelievable the other day.

Never thought something like that could ever take place in my bedroom.

Something that may seem downright mundane to many, but to me it was a matter of maintaining my sanity and not waking up the next day really cranky.

It was part 2 of the mozzie attack.

Was tumbling around in bed for more than an hour after climbing into it, hoping to get a good night's rest after a long and tiring day but the sleep maiden eluded me as if I was some serial rapist.

Could see her shadows retreating every time I took a step closer.

And the source of all that was those god-forsaken mozzies.

Finally not being able to stomach the itch and the constant irritating noises their wings are making around my ears, I got up and turned on the lights.

Started searching under the bed, maintaining a prone position like a soldier crouching behind a rock, rifle in hand, waiting to shoot.

This soldier scored not one, but five hits that fateful night.

Triumphantly, he washed up and climbed back into his bunk, ever so confident that he would finally sleep without any disturbance. It was a resounding victory for mankind, he thought so ever gleefully to himself.

Until the strains of "eee" streamed into his ears yet again after a few minutes.

He could do nothing else but yield wearily.

The battle may be lost but not the war, he thought.

He's going to make a stunning comeback someday.


2 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger stardust979 said…

    Hello...I also kenna leh...been spraying and spraying my house...think managed to kill it but now got a different problem...ppl throwing cigarettes on my balconey... :(

     
  • At 12:25 AM, Blogger stardust979 said…

    am back again after a really good bath. gosh what a day...

    you poor thing...how did you get 5 dead...wait a min, how on earth did you get 5 in your room in the 1st place..? How about curtains? :D I have those, but now with cigarette bully upstairs, I have to shut windows...

    yr sleep maiden line is SO wagnerian (this chap who wrote operas on supernatural pigtailed fat maidens and gods who rode on chariots..very famous for wedding lohengrin song that's played everywhere), sounds like some greek tragedy. Geez. Hello, Bacchus har har har~ (Bacchus btw is The Roman god of wine and intoxication and has a naughty connotation haha)

    have a good rest, me off to read and snooze, hopefully, unharmed by kamikaze winged creatures, falling asleep to the lush choral voices of Sound of music...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home