Confessions?? Or just plain CRAP??

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

JAPAN!!!

Been aeons since I last posted something here to the point that this blog is almost forgotten territory. Well, call it procrastination, work and other personal committments or a combination of both, I have been pretty tied up lately that I have not had much opportunity to click to this website to even post a single confession, or just some plain crap.

Haha.

A lot of things have happened lately, both on the work and the personal front and it would be almost impossible to pen all of them down in a single entry.

But I will definitely do so in due time, albeit a little by little. It is a committment to myself that I have made.

In the meantime, I shall just let everyone who is reading this (thanks much for coming to this website, intentionally or otherwise) know that I am currently on holiday in Japan, and the weather here is great! Nothing like the humid madness that we have back in Singapore.

Been 4 years since I was here and a strong feeling of nostalgia hit me the moment my plane landed at Fukuoka.

Taking the train on the way to Hiroshima, passing by the building that used to be my place of abode during part of my 5-year stay in this country, leaving my footprints in places where I used to leave them a few years ago while I was still a wide-eyed university student, thinking of the things that happened while I was here, and the things that have happened in the four years since I left, gave me a weird feeling.

A feeling not just of nostalgia, but also that of loneliness, peace, happiness, sadness, and of longing, all rolled into a mish-mash of emotions that is not easily palatable, but something which I have to swallow, whether I like it or not.

In the meantime, while digesting this mumbo-jumbo of emotions, I shall enjoy my first long holiday for a long while, and the first one alone for such a long period, as much as I can.

Without thinking too much about the past, and also trying to put all that has happened behind me and to move on.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Aloha from Japan said…

    Thanks for posting.

    I hope that you had a good time in Japan.

    Aloha

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger :: teQuila sunrise :: said…

    We all have those feelings of nostalgia for something long-lost and probably never to be relived, don't we...Many a time, I can't get over them myself. Hoping we all find that ounce of energy and spark of hope in us whenever we get hit by moments like these and forge ahead to embrace the beauty of the uncertainties awaiting us in the future. Life's good that way. :)

    I'll be looking forward to your entries! Enjoy your holidays!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home