Confessions?? Or just plain CRAP??

Monday, July 16, 2007

An oasis of calm amidst the concrete madness

I happened to be early for a lunch appointment over the weekend at Orchard Road, and whilst killing time, decided to check out whether this particular Japanese restaurant did really exist along Emerald Hill, as what one of my friends told me.

Emerald Hill isn't really particularly known for its restaurants; rather, it is more well-known for its handful of bars and not forgetting the preserved shophouses with its rustic charm.

I have only been to this place when it is dark, to chill out at its bars and never during the daytime, and never having ventured beyond the domain of these bars. So it was a pleasant surprise when in the midst of checking out that particular Japanese restaurant, I discovered another side of Orchard Road that I had not seen before; calm, laid-back and a little old-school, quite different from the image of Emerald Hill that I have held all along.

It was a good thing I had my camera with me, and so I just snapped away.






























Oh, and that Japanese restaurant did exist after all. ;-P

Gotta try that out someday. Heard it is pretty good. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home