Confessions?? Or just plain CRAP??

Thursday, March 31, 2005

It has been a rather tiring Easter weekend over in Bangkok but pretty enjoyable nonetheless.

Lots of things to see and do but after a while it got a little tiring and everything seemed the same to me. Probably the novelty had worn off with the fact that it was my second trip there in less than a year.

Funny feeling going back to work on Tuesday after the trip.

Still stuck in the holiday mood.

Pretty normal, I suppose.

Had to take the MRT home back that day and as I stepped onto the platform at the station, I was overcome by a bizarre feeling, a memory of an incident which took place last Friday and whereby I was a part of it.

Of someone being run over by the MRT while supposedly trying to retrieve his shoe.

By a stroke of timing, I happened to be in that train, on my way to the airport to catch my flight to Bangkok.

Remembered looks of horror on the faces of people on the platform.

Remembered people, eyes closed, deep in prayer.

And most of all, remembered seeing the poor man's body, his fiancee over him, cradling his bloodied head.

All these images.

Stuck in my head.

I am still pretty shaken by what has happened.

Guess it will take a while for me to be back to normal again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home