Confessions?? Or just plain CRAP??

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Inbox: 848

That was the amount of unread email messages I had the moment I logged into my work account this afternoon.

A result of being away for close to half a year on course.

Didn't matter that most of them were junk, it still took me a considerable amount of time trying to clear them.

You may have wondered why I didn't suspend my account temporarily while being away.

Fact was, I was still very new to the organisation prior to going for training and thought I could still assess the account at my training locations.

How wrong I was.

After a while, it dawned on me that it was impossible to check my mail and since being new, not many important mails would be shot at me during my training period so I left it as it was, deciding to brace myself for the onslaught of messages that would come my way once I was back.

Learnt the hard way to always suspend your account and send a reminder to all if you will be away for an extended period.

Welcome back, Melvin.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger stardust979 said…

    aren't you a lotus note user? doesn't it still receive, but tells ppl you can't read the mail during this period (if not, your boss will go bananas if he knows your system is suspended)...dunno, that's our system here.

    haf a luv-hate r/p with my lotus bloody notes. the day i take a liking to it, i know i'm bought into the system already. *shudder*

    welcome back to the REAL civil service, meruchan!~~~okaeri~ m(_ _)m

     

Post a Comment

<< Home